I have updated my Xfce 4.8 repository at and it is fairly complete. Some packages however are now obsolete:
- thunar-shares-plugin: dead upstream, would needed to be ported from thunar-vfs to gvfs.
- xfce4-remmina-plugin: remmina now has a generic trayicon, however the new version is only available in F15 or my remmina backports repo.
- xfce4-stopwatch-plugin: dead upstream, uses old panel API.
- xfce4-volstatus-icon: dead upstream, uses HAL. I might revive it nevertheless because I find it useful and porting to exo-1 is not that hard.
- xfce4-xfapplet-plugin: dead upstream, uses old gnome-panel API and handles only bonobo-based applets but not new dbus based ones. With GNOME 3.0 there is not much future for panel applets anyway.
If you can live without these plugins, you are invited to upgrade your F14 installation to Xfce 4.8. Please note that you will have to remove the plugins before you upgrade because Thunar and xfce4-panel do not yet obsolete them. We will do this for F15 Beta and then do more upgrade tests in order to provide a smooth upgrade.
Have fun and don’t forget to provide feedback. You can do this here in the comment section or – even better – on the Fedora Xfce mailing list.
Thanks a lot Chris for the job well done.
I’m using your f14 xfce 4.8 as my primary DE.
Keep it up 🙂
Thanks a lot Christoph ! It has made my experience with xfce way nicer.
Does anyone know how can i update my xfce 4.6 to xfce 4.8? it’s fedora 14.
By adding my repo to /etc/yum.conf.d and updating.
P.S.: Advertising link removed. Nice try… 😉
hm :\\ it’s not your repo…it’s from fedorapeople.org haha xD
i have this problems trying to update:
xfce4-remmina-plugin-0.7.3-1.fc14.i686 requires libxfce4panel.so.1 : xfce4-remmina-plugin-0.7.3-1.fc14.i686 requires libxfce4panel.so.1
could not add package update for exo-0.6.0-4.fc14(i686)fedora-xfce-4.8: exo-0.6.0-4.fc14.i686
i have both packages and plugins installed and i don’t know what’s the problem.
by the way thanks for responding ;))
It’s my repo on fedorapeople.org, but anyway. If you have remmina installed, you either need to uninstall xfce4-remmina-plugin or update remmina as well. To do that, alyo enable my remmina repo on fedorapeople.org as mentioned in the article.
Schreibe einen Kommentar