Yesterday late at night I finished the the Kolab Server 2.3.1.
There are not many new features because it is a bugfix release, but in the
webadmin you new will find a new ActiveSync configuration. It will work for
most users, however not completely for power-users with lots of nested and
shared folders, so please consider it only a technical preview.
Most of the bugfixes affect the webadmin, cyrus-imapd and z-push:
- cyrus-imapd: Work around for missing user_deny.db
- cyrus-imapd: Properly flush buffer after TLS initiation
- kolab-webadmin: Problems with new UID based dn were fixed
- kolab-webadmin: LDAP Error for maintainers group was fixed
- kolab-webadmin: New welcome pages now work for all users
- kolab-webadmin: Multi-language function was fixed
- kolab-webadmin: Kolab Server version string was fixed
- z-push: The alias „Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync“ now works out of the box
- z-push, kolab-z-push and PEAD-Kolab_Zpush: New versions with many bug fixes
For a complete list of changes please refer to the release notes.
The upgrade form 2.3.0 is straight forward, there is nothing special you need to care about. If you are upgrading from 2.2.4, please follow the instructions to upgrade from 2.2.4 to 2.3.0 as outlined in the 1st.README file.
Documentation and OpenPKG packages are available as shown on the download page. Binary packages for Debian GNU/Linux 6.0 (Squeeze/stable) and 5.0 (Lenny/oldstable) on x86 platforms can be found next to the sources. As soon as they have synced, you can also use the mirrors.
You can check the integrity of the downloaded files by importing our file distribution key and verify the OpenPGP signature and SHA1 checksums:
$ wget https://ssl.intevation.de/Intevation-Distribution-Key.asc $ gpg --import Intevation-Distribution-Key.asc $ gpg --verify SHA1SUMS.sig $ sha1sum -c SHA1SUMS
There are still two bugs in freebusy and the resource management:
- Issue 4730: Generating free/busy cache broken in server 2.3.0
- Issue 4731: Answer from resources contains extra „\r\n\r\n“ characters
These will be fixed in 2.3.2 and we will offer packages for testing next week. Please report bugs in our bug tracker.
As 2.3.1 was released two weeks after 2.3.0 and I’d like to stick with the two-weeks cycle. This means that the Kolab Server 2.3.2 will be released on Friday, May 13th. Yes, this is an unlucky date, not because I’m superstitious but I will be busy. This might even mean I will release earlier.